Tuesday 7 June 2016

Demo Day

On Sunday I was at Doncaster Dome, demoing with PaperArtsy. It was a fab day as always, seeing the PaperArtsy team and chatting with customers including some of the #PAtwits.

It was freezing when I first arrived, about 8.15am, so my first stop was the cafe to grab a cup of tea to warm up. I then had a walk around the show, chatting with people as they were still unpacking and setting up. I desperately needed a new heat gun, mine had died. So I was pleased to see that Jayne at Stamposaurus had heat guns on her stand. I also grabbed some Distress crayons from her to see what all the fuss is about. 

So then back to the PaperArtsy stand and we got started, it soon warmed up and by lunchtime it was like a heatwave. Lots of great demos with people leaving happy. 

Sorry no photos of people, I just didn't get chance, but here are the samples that I made. This one is a Crackle Glaze background, with stencilled and stamped Grunge paste and stamping over the top. I have backed it onto black card as that really makes it pop. 


This one started as an image transfer using Satin glaze, once that was done I built up the background on a 6x6 greyboard, using stencilling, stamping and tinted grunge paste.



Next a couple of little tags, the left one was blending techniques and stencil bumping. The smaller tag started with leftover grunge paste, and was finished off with Crayola Slick Stix. 


This last one was a blended and brayered background, tinted grunge paste stencilling, topped with Ranger crazing glaze. Once that dried I added stamping, cut out stamped flowers, and some Distress crayons through a stencil.



Here is the crazing glaze detail, I was really impressed with this glaze.


So I managed to cover loads of techniques, hopefully everyone that stopped by saw something interesting. 

Darcy x


5 comments:

  1. love your samples, Darcy. glad you had such a fun, busy day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry I missed you. Was going to come to the show but Roo had a poorly day. So ...did you leave any techniques for anyone else to demo lol...wonderful work as usual :D XXX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all the samples, Darcy!
    JH x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab samples Darcy. Hope to meet up at next one. Love all of them, trying to pick a fave and can't. Clever Darcybobs, love your stuff! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing your samples, Love them all,I have a go to look at your photos. xx

    ReplyDelete