Monday 29 December 2014

Happy New year

So much is made of Christmas cards that we forget about new year, i think for the special people in your life it is lovely to ring in their new year with a special message. 

The brand new Letraset Autumn /Winter pens are now available, yummy colours as always. 


I decided to keep the base of my case clean and white.. and just add some pops of colour. So I began by colouring some white card with Halloween and Storm Cloud. 



Of course Promarkers work on more than just card. Here I have coloured some white satin ribbon using Mustard and Pesto. This gives a two tone grungy appearance. 


I added the ribbons to the coloured card pieces. 


I stamped out these 3 poinsettia images onto watercolour paper, promarkers will spread a little more than usual on this paper, so care must be taken, but the overall effect is lovely and soft. The leaves are again Mustard and Pesto. The flowers are Hallowen, Sunset and Firebrick. 


I added my coloured strips to the white card base. 


Promarkers are perfect for colouring embeliishments such as these white pearls. 


I die cut 2 nesting shapes, colouring the larger one with Sunset. On the smaller one I used Storm Cloud on a rubber stamp to add snowflakes and then stamped my sentiment over the top. 



I used the pearls to accent the sentiment and for the centres of the flowers. 


I love these flowers, they have such depth..



I have one pack of these new colours to give away.To be in with a chance of winning you must do TWO things. 

1.Please leave a comment over on the Letraset blog for me and 
2. add your name to the linky below. 




7 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, love the vibrant colours and how versatile these markers are :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Busy G I R L as always Darcy.
    Again "great". Warm colors and love this result
    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, I love the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very beautiful card Darcy, you show us a great way of using these new Letrajet pens! Love these yummy colours too. And I wish you a joyous and very creative year 2015, full of success and happiness Coco xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I forget to tell you that if you follow the link I've just put, you will see a little Christmas canvas made with your stamps as my #3UP contribution. Just in case you missed it and would be happy to see it :) But of course if you don't like it, I will not be offended don't worry x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wowzer. Love these colours. Love the card. Must try colouring pearls, What a great idea. Thanks for all these great tips. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy New year sweetheart :D Those colours are lush! XXX

    ReplyDelete