Friday 5 September 2014

Tick Tock

Here is the 2nd of my launch night samples in full for you.. 




It started out as this pink and silver clock that I rescued from a local charity shop. 



but very soon it looked like this..


Firstly I added a little texture by gluing on some music sheet paper. 



I then sponged on some Turquoise , Slate and chalk from the new JoFY range of paints. 



I took the cardboard face, and added first Turquoise, then a layer of crackle glaze and then a layer of chalk. 


I then stamped the grasses from EDY09


I stamped them first in Watering Can Archival, and the over stamped with Fern Green.


Next I painted some tissue paper and stamped the birdhouse from EDY10



I added some details and also the bubble flowers from EDY09 using Cherry paint from the JoFY range.  and then glued on the birdhouse. 


Next I punched some small circles out of card, painted some chalk and some turquoise. I layered them up and added some rub on numbers. The face could now be put back into the clock case along with the hands. 


Now for the outside. I painted some Tyvek, 


once dry I stamped leaves and flowers from EDY10, and cut them out. 


I zapped them very lightly with a heat gun, just to force them to curl and create interesting shapes. 


I painted and stamped the bubble flower from EDY09 onto metal card, once cut out the individual stems can be bent into position.


I then started glueing the flowers and leaves into place, slotting the metal stems between the rest. 


On the other side I added the same flowers etc, but also added the feather from EDY09, so that it curls around the lower edge. 



For the bells on top, I stamped the flock of birds from EDY10, onto tissue paper, this was torn into small pieces and glued to the painted bells with matte medium.  I also cut some triangles, painted them cherry red and stamped them with the 2 text stamps. 

Finally I added some dimensional dots inside the flowers, on the bells and on the pennants. 


I love this clock, hope you do too. 



Why don't you pop to your local charity shop and see what you can rescue to alter. 

I will be back soon with the step by steps photos of Miss. Veronica. 

Darcy 

10 comments:

  1. Wow, what a fab transformation, Darcy. Love your new artsy clock. TFS the process.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning altered art, love it :-)
    Val x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just adorable! What a great idea and the "dots" are just the perfect finishing touch!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic. Love the comprehensive dismantling job. The finished clock is a beauty. Another thing to keep the eyes open for in the charity shops!......

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh just wonderful, lovely colour combo! Wow! Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely fantastic Darcy, love the inside as much as the outside!!! :D Enjoy your week-end, probably very creative I guess Coco xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous altered alarm clock, you used my very favourite of all your stamps so far the bubble flower to great effect. Thank you for showing the step by step :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This really is fabulous! Such Fun! Chrisx

    ReplyDelete