Sunday 24 February 2013

Gift wrap..

Today I went out with friends for lunch, 3 of us recently has a birthday so it was a celebration lunch. Yesterday I popped out to pick up a photo frame that i had seen the other week, thinking it would make a lovely gift for my friends daughter..for her bedroom.

Once I got home with it, I had a dilemma..no gift wrap big enough. The frame, in its box measures around 24 inches square...

So I unrolled some regular old brown parcel paper.. As you can see I had to layer two pieces to make it big enough.


I then taped the pieces together..this tape is one that you can write on, more expensive than regular cheap tape, but worth it for jobs like this. Trying to paint,stamp,write over regular tape is nigh on impossible. 


I got out some stencils and some craft paints and added some patches of colour..


close up..


then I opened up my JOFY/PaperArtsy stamps..

I used the flower stamps, centering the heads over the painted patches..



stamping mad down on the floor..


I add some of the word stamps and the butterflies..( I coloured the butterflies with Aquamarkers)


All done and wrapped up..


Time to make a tag... I first dabbed on some craft paint, and then stencilled with a dark contrasting colour, before adding the bumped colour.


a bit more stamping..



colouring with Aquamarkers..., and stamping the sentiment onto a separate bit of painted paper..


a butterfly stamped onto shrink plastic and attached with silver jump rings..


and all attached with a bit of string..



Sitting on the fireplace ready to go..



and the card I made to go with it..




10 comments:

  1. Wow, no wonder you had to join me crafting on the floor, lol! Gorgeous wrapping paper, the card and tag are also both fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd want to frame the gorgeous paper you created xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too cool Darcy, you are rocking these new JOFY stamps. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful job.. LOVE the splats of paint!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful gift and the wrapping, the tag and the card is a wonderful gift too. Wonderful Darcy. Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that card and tag, and what patience you have to make that lovely wrapping paper.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Color me impressed! Love how you took plain brown paper and turned it into a work of art.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohhhh how fabulous. Love the flower heads over the colour patches, and the tag and the card...it's all wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. gorgeous gift wrap, those stamps seem really versatile!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So gorgeous. I love it - especially those 'splatted' flowers.

    ReplyDelete