Thursday 10 January 2013

Watercolour Mandala

Following on from my previous post, I thought I would show you another Mandala that I did a while ago. The lovely Guada offered a FREE 2 week Mandala course over on her ning...

Over the course of the 2 weeks, she showed us how to draw,alter and colour this wonderful design.

We started the class by being shown how to draw up this design..



Then we were encouraged to alter the design to suit ourselves..


Then I started to colour, from the middle. I used Letraset Aquamarkers, these are wonderful..watercolour paint in a handy and easy to use marker.


I continued colouring, working my way to the outside edge. For each area I used 3-4 pens, to enable the shaded look. I also created a wash on the background, again using a combination of 3 markers.



Then I added in the outlines, using my Letraset fineliners, do check out that link as throughout January they are on offer...3 for 2..



Finally I added some more detail using the fineliners.



Why don't you go to Guada's ning and try this free class for yourself.



5 comments:

  1. WOW!!! Love how it jumps out of the page...gorgeous :D XXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. positively drop-dead gorgeous! lovely work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow Darcy this is amazing! loveed your design and colours! very nice work :-)

    ReplyDelete