Friday 14 December 2012

postcard challenge

week 50... wow almost finished.

When I think of Hawaii the first thing that comes to mind is those awful brightly patterned shirts, why do people wear those?

So I made some origami shirts and some lil wire coat hangers and added them to the card. The background is red,white and blue as those are the colours of their flag.


Hideousness! lol

Did you see I already posted the last 2 countries, in case you missed them here they are again.

wk 51. Greenland
wk 52. Mexico

I will announce the end of November postcard winner on Saturday, so you still have time to vote. 

P.S Janet, thankyou for the gorgeous card.

HERE IS WHERE YOU LINK UP..

please only link up if you are playing in the postcard challenge..



I have been asked several times if I am doing a challenge next year. I do have 2 challenges already worked out and ready to go, but as they are both weekly ones  i am afraid I just wont have time to do either of them next year. So they have been postponed . If I can come up with a simple monthly one, then I will run that next year, but I don't have anything ready yet.






9 comments:

  1. Love the shirts, They wear them because they are cool, breezy and you can think of it as Island Camouflage.

    Hawaii is beautiful!!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. What's wrong with a few pineapples and a palm tree in neon colours?
    Great postcard theme.

    Janet xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. a fun postcard. good bright colours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant idea for the postcard. Good folding.
    Jen x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hawaiian shirts...they're awful, aren't they? Clever card!!
    My postcard book is so fat that even the largest rings have trouble fitting through it all! But I've learned sooo much throughout this year. I thank you for that, Darcy...it's been a wonderful trip around the world!!!
    Wishing you a blessed and joyful holiday season and a stellar 2013.
    Huge hugs,
    abby

    ReplyDelete
  6. P.S. Wishing everyone who has enjoyed this challenge along with me, a joyful holiday season and extraordinary 2013 as well!

    More hugs,
    abby

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the shirts on the Hawaii card. They are bright and colorful much like the gardens I have seen from the islands. I'm still a few weeks behind but working my way through trying to catch up to the rest of you.Thank you for this challenge I have learned a lot this year.

    ReplyDelete