Friday 29 June 2012

Postcard Challenge

wk 26 U.S.A

This week saw us off to America, I wanted to show the old and the new..

So I looked to the Native American Indians, their artwork, pottery and stories...

I made my card using watercolour pencils and the image of a dreamcatcher..


and then to come up to date, well what else but Disney..yeah, yeah I know they are a huge dreadful company that stomps on people, but that is down to management and not down to the animators. You have you to agree they do an amazing job..

I am not very keen on the newer digital films, but I do love 'old' Disney. My fave film is Robin Hood.

So my page is...or will be ...a compilation of characters. I ran out of time, but I will go back and add more to it.



HERE IS WHERE YOU LINK UP.. add your name and blog link and then go visiting. Please only link up if you are taking part in the postcard challenge.


14 comments:

  1. Hi Darcy, lovely card! I have a dream-catcher in my bed room that I bought in Illinois many years ago! Have a good day, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card and page Darcy :D I actually have some early disney cartoons on reel. 9 x 9.5 mm and 2 larger reels Puppy Love and Mickeys Good Deed. Really ought to get someone to check them out. We used to watch them in the early 70's, on a sheet above the fireplace, taking turns turning the crank :D XXX

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great dreamcatchet, I really like your feathers. My favourite Disney charter is Baloo !! A xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your selection of images for this challenge! The dreamcatcher sketch is super.

    Janet xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card, I love your old and new mix, we also have dream catchers here. I'm also a fan of the old Disney, I have quite a few favs! Mx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you hit on some favs here Darcy. I too have a dream catcher in my bedroom. Lovely drawing for your postcard.
    Jen x

    ReplyDelete
  7. great job, back in the 80s I made dream catchers.

    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fun idea. I am a little behind with my cards and will try to play. I do enjoy seeing the cards and following the adventures!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have fallen out of this challenge, but think of it weekly. Just no time with summer holidays and kids at home! Will catch up on selective countries at some point!
    I HAD to see this week's cards because I'm curious to see what everyone distills the U.S.A. down to. You did a great job on the dream catcher! I do like the Pixar, computer animated cartoons. "Cars" "Ratatoulle", "Wall-e" and the first two "Toy Story" movies. Oh and "Monsters Inc.". When I was a kid, my favorites were "Jungle Book" and "Winnie-the-Pooh"!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great juxtaposition of old and new. I don't like what Disney did to my beloved winnie the Pooh. The classic characters are better.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Found you through celtic house. Love the 52 page challenge. Will def pop back again. Now a follower ;-) scrappyjen x

    ReplyDelete
  12. A great card. my favourite Lady and the Tramp...

    ReplyDelete